CrossAsia Forum

CNKI database login/download failed due to CNKI site recent update?

Dear Xaisa team,

I am a doctoral student at Freie Universitaet Berlin. Unluckily I found that I could not login successfully onto the CNKI Knowledge Resource Integrated Database with my Staatsbibliothek account recently, and not able to download the accessible pdf documents (while I can only access the title). The CNKI page shows that the site has updated recently. (please see: https://oversea-1cnki-1net-10097d6vv07b5.erf.sbb.spk-berlin.de/index/noticeDoc/index.html )
I assume the failure might due to their updates.
Could you please by any chance take a look when it is convenient for you?

Thank you so much for your time. Hope I did not bring you any inconvenience.
with best regards.

Tianyu ZHOU

Dear Tianyu Zhou,

I just checked access via the library account. It worked for me. Could you please check, does the portal recognize your login, i.e. you can see „Welcome staab 德国联盟!“ in the upper right corner?

If not, please try the Login via IP Login.

In the hit list, do you see yellow or green arrows for the download link?

Just to make sure, we do not provide access to all materials in the Knowledge Ressource Integrated Database. You do not have access to any materials at all?

Kind regards
Miriam Seeger

Dear Miriam Seeger,

Thank you so much for your quick reply and your time.
I just checked and found it worked this time with „Welcome staab 德国联盟!“ showing up on top of the page (but it did not show up yesterday and days before) and the download also works (which it pumped up another page asking individual login before). I guess it might be my internet problem since I am using FU VPN which sometimes is not so stable.
So, seems no problem right now.
Thank you again! and please pardon my bringing inconvenience for you.
with best regards.
Tianyu